Thanks. This system (ammonia/hydrogen/H2O continuous absorption = type) is not like a regular freon/compressor type refrigerator, so I will be very = excited to hear if you've found someone who can recharge it. My initial question = still remains unanswered, however: How can the thing make ice on 110AC and = barely function on propane, when the propane burner system is performing as = well as the AC heater element?
-----Original Message-----
From: = WarmerWagen@aol.com [mailto:WarmerWagen@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 = 11:38 PM
To: cobys5@home.com
Subject: Re: Dometic = refrigerator cooling mystery, '89 Westy

Hi,
I have recently tested = the fridge in a 87 Westfalia, using up a tankful of
propane. Did the burn = chamber service, cleaned nozzle, replaced fan. Still
won't get cold.
I = have concluded that the unit needs to be recharged. There just happens to =
be a place 40 miles from here that recharges fridges.
So, it may be = what you need to do also. Changing the pressure WC did nothing.

Hope = you can find a place to fix it.

Robert
1982 Westfalia =
Seattle