Thanks all,

    Great info.  = I just got off the phone with Auto Zone.  A rebuilt power steering rack is = $204.99 plus $104.00 core charge.  Ouch !  Approximately a $70 savings = with cost of DIY rebuild kit, special tool, and shipping from your favorite = mail order place.  This savings can go toward new rack boots, tie rod = ends, and ATF fluid.  The rebuild kit is worth the wait in shipping and work involved.  No lifetime guarantee, but I guarantee I'll remember how = to fix it for a lifetime.  BUT if you can get the power rack at your local = Auto Zone for $130.00 don't pass it up.

Dave Stadler
85 GL  Saving $ for long = plastic coolant tubes and myriad of other things.