From: andrewbell
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 = 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: Exahust = Pipes

STERBO! IF (what am I thinking!? This is a = Vanagon, I live in Wintersaltland... I mean when ) I ever do it again, = it'll be Sterbo. I think it actually may be cheaper, too! Please, just do it = only one more time.

AB

Nicole Constandis wrote:

Hey everyone,

Almost the end of the week!!  What a relief.
Well the = new '87 vanagon is in the shop yet again.
This time for a new front = header pipe. (obviously
I have not learned how to do all this myself or it = wouldn't
be in the shop).  Anyway, I was told by my mechanic that =
though he can just replace this pipe it looks like the
other exhaust = system parts (minus the catalytic and muffler
which are new) look to be = about the same age which means they
could go at any time.  I = understand that replacing the others, collector
pipe, 2nd front header pipe = is a major job.

Do you think
A.  I would be better off buying parts from = bus depot and having my mechanic
install even though he won't = guarantee the work if they aren't his parts

B.  Should I do everything now in one shot to try and save = some money?

I appreciate all your feedback.

Thanks.
Nicole

--