In a message dated 8/24/2001 1:03:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jones@coyote.Colorado.EDU writes:

Note to anyone looking at the Stebro stainless J-pipe
for their exhaust.  I bought one for my Syncro.
Fit was fine.  Dummy that I am, I did not notice that
an emission testing port is not mentioned or shown
on the web site, nor when I called to order.  My
mechanic pointed it out to me after it was installed.

I had to take it to a local exhaust shop and have one
welded in for $45.  It, of course, isn't stainless.  :-(

Frank has since mentioned to me in email that they
sell them with the port installed. If you are thinking
of a Stebro J-pipe, remember the emission port!

(Frank:  I think you ought to add it to the web page.)

     Richard, the website has been updated with that information August 11.
Please check the STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust System website and
notice the "Last Update Date"

Cheers

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a VW Camper camping event in Almonte, ON, June 2002
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli & Associates or http://frankcondelli.com