Complete list of stuff I striped from the donor Golf when I pulled = my 1.8L
for my van, the Jetta should be similiar.
1. Engine ; )
2. = Complete wiring harness:  I pulled the entire thing all the way to the
fusebox, just to make sure I didn't confuse any = wiring.
3.  Fuel pump assembly, I just mounted the whole thing, filter and all
under = the van
4.  The vacuum storage tank thingy, on the Golf was mounted = under one of
the main frame members in the engine bay.  I don't know = if you need it, but
I plumbed it into the system just the same.  I = think it allows me a few
seconds of power breaking when the engine is off, but = who knows.
5.  I pulled the hard plastic fuel lines from the golf, = that stuff is
usefull for various things.
6.  Charcoal canister, = atleast in my case it looks identical to the ones on
the Vanagons
7.  = Aircleaner assembly, some modifications maybe required
8.  = Washer pump, again looks almost identical to the Vanagon, always nice
to have a spare
9.  If you don't have a tach, I hear you can wire these in = instead of the
clock.
10.  The downpipe, so you can make a new exhaust.
11.  Any little check valves and such from the vacuum lines.

I think thats everything you would want to pull from the = donor or atleast
everything I can remember.

Dave K.

For my conversion I used  a 91 Jetta = 1.8L Digifant II, I parked the donor car next to my Westy so any parts that I = may need would be their. I didn't use the fuel pump, charcoal canister, or = vacuum reservoir. I did save the fuel pump just incase. Both alternators were = the same, so I kept one for a spare. For rad. hoses I first made them using both = van and Jetta hoses, but I didn't like the looks of it so I bought Vanagon = diesel hoses from a dealer and they fit quite nice. The diesel hoses are set up for = an oil cooler (mounted between block and filter), I used the cooler off the = diesel. I also saved the Jetta's cruise control, the speedo sensor does fit on the = van's speedo, I haven't hooked up the cruise yet.

Andrew
1984 Westy "Speed Bump"
1996 VW = Jetta Trek  "Little Beep" (the wife's car)