Van was still there this p.m.  It = is located in a bad place to stop.  It may be an '82 as the outside mirrors = were same style as I had on an '82 Vanagon.  Also, has full wheel = covers.  If van is as good on the inside as it is on the outside, one wouldn't want = to make it a parts-mobile.  Hopefully I can find out tomorrow what the = police do with abandoned vehicles.

John Lauterbach
Macon, GA
----- Original Message -----
From: Jere Hawn
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, = 2001 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: Abandoned van = (?)

John,

I can tell you first it belongs to a Marine.  Second, if the tires are in really good shape please remove = them and send them, I used to have a full set of new tires and when I looked at = them last night they were all used tires, go figure….  And what color was the = interior?  I need a gray arm rests (R) = for the front passenger seat and the two person bench seat.

TIA

Jere

90 GL

88 GL

 P.S. please include the hub = caps with the tires.