Is the short shift kit something used to shorten the throw of the shifter? I went to the Gene Berg site and saw that he only offers parts for '71 and older Type IIs - then I left. I am hoping that I misinterpreted this and that the short shift kit is available for my '88 Weekender. Is this shift kit available for the '88?

Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Stone [mailto:TStone8359@AOL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 5:09 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: short shift kit

I got mine from Gene Berg as part of the list group purchase earlier this
year.  I love it and the short-armed folks who also drive the van like it as
well.  I got the short shift kit and the shifter extender.  The shifter is
now sitting there waiting to be massaged just inches away from my hand as it
reclines on the armrest.  No searching, no reaching, no strain.  A good
investment IMHO.

Tom
'71 Westy, '85 Westy, '91 Carat