In a message dated 09/10/2001 7:57:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
rbias@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

P.S. We will be going Friday night (Sept 14, 2001) to pick up our 3'rd
adopted child at the airport.  We have been waiting (and praying) for a long
time now for William to come home.  He will be coming home with us in our
1985 VW Vanagon GL, "Buba".  His first ride in America to his new (and
forever) home will be in the Van...  Can't wait...

Hi,     Congratulations you guys. A happy event.

As for your 1.25" heater hose Napa stock it.
Check out the following,

      http://216.92.120.77/vw/

Click on Vanagon, then Hoses.

Brian Kelly.

Good morning All,
 I was under "Buba" this weekend and they have worried me long enough.  It
is time to act.  I am speaking of the very rusty last few feet of the
coolant carrying metal hoses that run from the front of the Van to the
engine bay.  Periodically there is talk of flexible "heater hose" with 1.25"
ID, that will take the place of the rusted (and tired) section of these
metal pipes.  I have already replaced (the return pipe I believe) the last
bend section before the engine bay with a well crafted (my Father IS a
craftsman) copper piece but the few feet before it now have me worried.  Is
there a person who knows where I can get this material (1.25" ID, flexible,
coolant carrying capable, hose) to put my mind at ease, Please?  Ken W., you
came through for me with the very rare section of hose that connects my
passenger side head to my front heater core (thank you again), do you have
this material?  Thank you to all for your time and consideration.

 Rich and Annemarie
 85 GL "Buba"