I was on the NJ Turnpike = yesterday morning at 10 minutes to 9am, about 5 miles view from New York City.  As = myself and others who were moving along in stop and go traffic all wondering what = the smoke was coming from WTC #1 building, some of us pulled over.  We then = watched the second plane crash into the other tower and explode into a fire ball = that looked nothing like any movie I had every seen.
During the next few hours I = was at the building that I work at from time to time, that is about 6 miles away = from NYC, we watched the towers disappear from the NY skyline....and the mushroom = cloud rose high.  It was something that will always turn my stomach and = make me shake.

As I had to find another way = home because the police had closed any access to the NJ Turnpike along with all = access to NYC. I was following a nice mid 80's Westy with a list = sticker.  I followed him for few miles to the Parkway, and felt at ease = somewhat, even though I was not driving my Westy.  At 1:30pm, the roads were = strangely empty as was the sky, other then the huge plum of smoke coming from = NYC.  I could only move my van into the driveway last night and did not = feel any importance to figure out why I can no longer get the van into first gear after my new motor install.  That can all = wait.

Thanks for all you support = from across the county.  All that I know who live and work in NYC are = fine.

Bryan Belman       Pt. Pleasant, NJ
1990 Audi = 200 Turbo (Money Pit)
1982 Westy 1.9l NA (In process)
1970 Type1 Std. = Beetle (This one is done)