Hello all,
Just replaced my catalyctic converter, = O2 sensor, temp2 sensor, and temperature sending unit.  I ran it until the fan = kicked on and these are my observations:  First, the temperature gage gave = the appearance  that the van was warming up quicker than usual.  = Second. while feeling the radiator to determine thermostat opening the dash = temp. gage read higher than it used to.  Lastly, by the time the fan kicked = on, the needle was just under the line indicating the upper end of the operating = temperature range.   I have both the lower temp fan switch and = thermostat in.  The O2 sensor I replaced had been unplugged for the = better part of a year.  Is it normal for a new sending unit to read higher = thsn the old one?  Is there any way to 'calibrate' the new one?  Is = it possible one of the new sensors is causing a lean condition resulting in = higher temperatures?  During normal operation the needle used to hover = right around the LED, a little higher in stop & go driving, a little lower = on the highway.  My test drive today (85 degrees) the needle hovered about = halfway between the LED and the hot end of the temperature range.  Any = thoughts from the list?