Chris;
        Try driving it around under= "normal" conditions and then tell us if it is still too hot.

Good Luck and Drive Safely
Ken Lewis
http://Neksiwel.20m.com/

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:55:05 -0700 chrisadubs <chrisadubs@NETZERO.NET> writes:
Hello all,
Just replaced my catalyctic converter, = O2 sensor, temp2 sensor, and temperature sending unit.  I ran it until the fan= kicked on and these are my observations:  First, the temperature = gage gave the appearance  that the van was warming up quicker than usual.  Second. while feeling the radiator to determine thermostat opening the dash temp. gage read higher than it used to.  Lastly, by= the time the fan kicked on, the needle was just under the line indicating the= upper end of the operating temperature range.   I have both the= lower temp fan switch and thermostat in.  The O2 sensor I replaced = had been unplugged for the better part of a year.  Is it normal for a = new sending unit to read higher thsn the old one?  Is there any way to 'calibrate' the new one?  Is it possible one of the new sensors is causing a lean condition resulting in higher temperatures?  During = normal operation the needle used to hover right around the LED, a little higher = in stop & go driving, a little lower on the highway.  My test drive= today (85 degrees) the needle hovered about halfway between the LED and = the hot end of the temperature range.  Any thoughts from the list?