When changing the oil on my 86 Westy, I = thought the drain plug seemed odd.  It turns out that one of the PO's has = broken off the ceramic and ground the electrodes off a bosch spark plug and used it = as a drain plug.  This is a new one to me.  It has been serving its = purpose but I decided to replace it with a regular drain plug, 14MM x 1.25 threads.  Turns out the first 3/8 of the threads are stripped and = the shorter threaded plug will not bite.  Do I leave the 'bonus' plug = in?  DO those rubber drain plugs meant for stripped threads really = hold?  I don't want to drain the oil all over I-81 on my fall trip to the finger lakes.  Any advise would be appreciated,

Chris