I am brand new and interested in = buying a Westy, circa mid to late 80's.  I would like to do this within the = next several months and so I have joined this group to become informed.  = But, for most posts, I know too little to understand the subject = matter.  So, could you recommend a book for me to buy?  Also, any tips you could = send my way on what to look for.  For instance, how much mileage is too = much?  These VW's seem to be work horses but it seems I should stay away from = cars with 200,000 or more miles.  Are there good years and bad years within = this time frame?  Some I should stay away from?
    I live in San Diego County and my = husband and I want to use the Westy for local camping and, occasionally, farther = trips.  Anything that you can tell me to make me more knowledgeable = would be greatly appreciated.
Debra Clark
Santee, California
clark10006@home.com or debra_clark@yahoo.com