I just found a 1990 VW Transporter, double = cab.  It appears to never been in accident or have been misused.  The body = has the usual stone chips in the front and the drivers cloth seat has a slight tear.  The engine has 125,000 miles with a automatic = transmission.  The paint is about 3 years old and was done by someone who know what = they were doing.

I would give the Transporter 8 out of 10 over all in = general aspects.

It would need new tires soon and the brakes would = most probably needing service.  The exhaust and catalytic converter = would need to be tested as per the Ontario Canada Emissions Tests.  No smoke = or coloured smoke comes out while she was running and the hydraulic valves = were quiet.

This fellow is asking $5,000.00 = CANADIAN.

Please advise on the given knowledge that If I buy = this for $5,000.00 and then invest into a new exhaust and tires/brakes I have now = a $1,000.00 to $1,5000.00 invested into a 11year old Transporter.

Is there anyone out there that knows of Transporter = parts and support for future maintance that I may fall into needing, let me = know.  Most parts are generally the same as a Vanagon in suspension, drivetrain, engine and transmission.  But maybe = not????

  The Vanagon Westy that I have is a 1985 and = (touch wood) have never had much happen to it mechanically or with it's tails = from the Vanagon.com fellow owners that have had cylinder heads, cooling problems = like that of a bad dream.

Let me know, should I walk or talk.

Cheers,

Rob Nevin