Kevin wrote
I need a bit of help here...Can you tell me if a = crankshaft from a 2.1
and a 1.9 are interchangeable?? My mechanic thinks the one = in this
rebuilt engine that I have has been changed.
Thanks for your time!!
Kevin aka Stumped In Coal Country, = PA
sevenkevin@webtv.net
1985 1.9L Vanagon  (MAYBE)

Kevin

the 2.1 and the 1.9 crank can be installed in both blocks = in other words you can build a 1.9 in a 2.1 block or the other way around. = The cranks look the same I have to measure the stroke to tell the = difference between the two. the only thing you would need to do is match the = pistons to the crank. The difference in pistons is the wrist pin height. one way = to tell what size the engine is would be to measure  the oil = rings the 2.1 has a 2 mm tall oil ring and the 1.9 has a 2.5 mm tall oil ring by = the way I have a small supply of 2.1 german main bearings in a std x std size that = I would sell to customers that bought the rest of there engine parts from = me

Bob Donalds

http://www.bostonengine.com
<= /P>