I am in the process of rebuilding my from front suspension and discovered that the metal backed rubber bushings, the metal plate that the bushing squeezes between and the metal spacer inside the bushings on the radius rod were badly rusted.  Fortunately the mounting point on the body was not rusted much.  So far I have removed two front suspension setups and discovered that the parts are badly rusted.  On a parts van that removed the suspension, the mounting points were badly rusted.

When I put the suspension back together, I coated the parts with a corrosion protector to help to keep them from rusting again.

The parts van was from Florida and my van was bought in Hawaii and brought to the Mainland by the PO.

You can remove the outside nut and check for rust and put the nut back on and not affect the alignment.  If you turn the inner nut you will mess up the alignment.

Robert