This happened to me the other day in my '84 Westy.  It turned out to be = the ignition switch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of = Stephen
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 5:45 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Cannot Start?

After shutting off my = van the other day an 85 westy. I could not get it restarted. Everything would turn over fine, good = battery power, starter turned but it would not start. I checked the fuel pump = by replacing with another one that I knew worked, so I know that it is = not the pump. Checked the rotor and cap seemed ok. Checked every wire I could = find for a loose connection nothing. Checked all vacuum hoses nothing. Where = and what else should I check? I know that some people have had a problem where = the van would quit and they could not restart for a while, computer? I am = mystified and would rather troubleshoot everything I can before I take it in to = the shop.

Thanks

Stephen