In a message dated 9/26/2001 12:16:56 AM Eastern Daylight Ti= me, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Oil pressure guage
=

       Just did this to my '87 Westy Monday af= ternoon.  Got a mechanical gauge from Canadian Tire on sale for about $= 10.  Bought 30 ft of plastic tubing to send the oil from a T installed = at the pressure sensor pick up between the push rod tubes.  Need to ins= tall short nipple to a 90 degree elbow to the T which accepts the sensor and= the tubing.  Gauge installed to immediate right of cigarette lighter.&= nbsp; Tubing brought into cab through firewall behind glove box using rubber= grommet for protection.  Tubing follows route of water pipes most of t= he way.  Could have used electric model but was too expensive for my ch= eap pocket book.  Seems to work just fine.  With 350,000 km on ori= ginal engine shows 7 lb. pressure at idle and 30 ~ 40 lb. at highway speeds = with thoroughly warmed engine.

Peace

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a VW C= amper camping event, Almonte, ON, May 30, 31, June 1, 2, 2002
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless= Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli & = Associates or http://frankcondelli.com