Hope the Chineese tubing/compression = fittings don't fail and fry that 350k km. engine.

DM&FS
----- Original Message -----
From: Frank = Condelli
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, = 2001 6:10 AM
Subject: Re: Oil pressure = guage

In a message dated 9/26/2001 12:16:56 AM = Eastern Daylight Time, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM= writes:

Oil pressure guage

       Just = did this to my '87 Westy Monday afternoon.  Got a mechanical gauge from = Canadian Tire on sale for about $10.  Bought 30 ft of plastic tubing to = send the oil from a T installed at the pressure sensor pick up between the push = rod tubes.  Need to install short nipple to a 90 degree elbow to the = T which accepts the sensor and the tubing.  Gauge installed to immediate = right of cigarette lighter.  Tubing brought into cab through firewall = behind glove box using rubber grommet for protection.  Tubing follows route of = water pipes most of the way.  Could have used electric model but was = too expensive for my cheap pocket book.  Seems to work just = fine.  With 350,000 km on original engine shows 7 lb. pressure at idle and 30 ~ 40 = lb. at highway speeds with thoroughly warmed = engine.

Peace

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a = VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, May 30, 31, June 1, 2, 2002
'87 Westy = & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon = List, LiMBO, IWCCC & = Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa = Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon = Stainless Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli = & Associates or http://frankcondelli.com