The Crutchfield site is useful, but it is based on = having that bracket in front and below the ashtray in place. As a = result, you have only a very limited selection. Pull the bracket and = you have many more choices.

Tom F.

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Jetson [mailto:dkcomet@YAHOO.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 9:26 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: stereos that fit

Dave & list
Go to www.crutchfield.com & look around at thier = car
stereos. They have a place to put in your vehicle = info
& it will tell you if a particular stereo will = fit or
not. There are several that are shallow enough = I
guess. I wanted a certain Kenwood deck, but it came = up
as too deep, so I called thier 800 number to find = out
the deal. They said that there is just over 6" = of
space back there & I measured & found that = to be true.
Now I am trying to pick one that fits, but at least = I
know what I'm working with & I know that they = have the
info to help pick one that will work.

Good Luck,

=====
David Kelly