I have finally found a source for the fully retractable antennas for the Vanagon.  Actually these antennas are German and the exact same ones you would get if you bought it from the dealer.  Dealer price is $53 on these antennas, but I have them for $35.  They come with a small key that allows you to push the antenna all the way down so there is no way that someone could break it, or even pull it up.  Then you use the small key to pull it up until you can grab it and extend it the rest of the way.  You can call in your order if you are interested or just order it through the web store.  The part number is 251035503R.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com