Hi listees.
Once again, I'm in need of your help = and suggestions.  My 89 Westy blew the engine in Oklahoma enroute from = Memphis to CA.  I towed her and left her at Cable VW in OKC, OK.  I = went on home to Memphis and called to inform them that I wanted a new engine installed.  They said okay, but would take a month, since mechanic = who deals with older VW engines was having surgery.
Month later, they call me, price out = new engine and repairs, and labor, and say I'll have Van in 2 weeks.  I say great!
Today, they call me and tell me the = part number for the engine I need (2.1 Digifant) reman is no longer available from = VW!  This removal from VW system having occured in last 30 days.  =
They say I can have some other rebuilt = shippped to them, and they'll install, but won't warranty it.
My whole reason for having a dealer = install a VW engine was for the 12,000/12 mo warranty by any VW dealer.
I called VW customer care, and they = said they can tell me the names of some "vintage repair" engine shops.  I said no = thanks.  I need a new remanufactured engine in OKC.  To tow my = van somewhere else is also very cost prohibitive.  What do I = do?
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks.. Ron in Tennessee

P.S.  The engine has 150,000 miles = , and has already had new heads and gaskets put on.  This time, I know I blew = the pistons.  I definitely want the entire new engine!

Zephyrman, 1989 Vanagon GL Westy, and proud caretaker of Mikey, the Genuine, Original Ozark Mountain = Wonder Dog and Griz Chaser, currently residing about halfway between Bucksnort = and Toadsuck !