I have a westy with an aux battery = installed by me. I did beef up the wiring (to 8 gauge) and I did beef = up the relay. I also have been over the grounds and all connections. It = seems that when the alternator is running, everything is fine and the = batteries both charge. However, the aux. Battery drains very quickly. I = replaced the first one which had worked nicely for a couple of years, = and the second also drains quickly. I am not at the van now, so I = cannot recall what the specs on the aux. Battery are, but suffice it to = say that it is a marine deep cycle of decent size and amperage. How do = I test to see if there is a drain. The items connected to the aux. Are, = in addition to the usual westy stuff; a radio tape head and a cd = changer, one additional dome light, a large cpu fan. None of these = items is left "on". The wiring to the cpu fan (I like it = because its quiet) is a very small gauge.

How do I go about this? Does anything = sound obvious?

Jonathan R. Cooper
Brzytwa, Quick & McCrystal
900 Skylight Office Tower
Cleveland, OH 44113