Hello there,

I finally decided to subscribe to your = list.  I am a Wetwesties list member, so I might already know some of = you.  Or you might know me : )  I am in my early thirty's with two young = boys.  Christopher is & and Jeremy is 5.  My husband isn't a VW fan.  Anyway, I love VW's, as I am sure most of you do.  My = love goes way back to my youth, where my Grandfather was always working on one or another.  He loves VW too!  I currently have three:  = (which seems to be too many for my husbands liking)

A Silver 1990 VW Vanagon = Westfalia-  Currently at aprox. 206,000 miles.  We are thinking about getting the = Tiico conversion, since we are looking at putting the fourth engine in this Vanagon.  I am not about to rebuild that engine again.  The = last was almost 4 years ago exactly.  It is still running, but has low = compression (90) on #4, and a slight leak on #3 an #4.  I am not sure how long = he will last.  I would love anybody that has done this conversion to let me = know your complements and complaints.  (You can e-mail me privately if = this topic has been visited too often)    I have done a few = things that are interesting to my van.  I have purple neon under the = seats, and on the bar to pop the top.  At the push of a button the Rastafalia glows!  : )  I have an inverter, and three extra 12 = v ports.  I have an aux. battery to power the toys.  I = built an extra cabinet behind the passenger seat that houses the childrens = clothing, and a portable TV for long trips.  We were listing on the driver side = for a while, and I finally put new springs with airbags inside = them.  The valves are in the sidewall of the van in front of the tires.  =  I have a soap pump for the sink that I haven't managed to install yet, and = I am working on no see um screens for the back and side doors.  I saw = someone made pillow case screens for the front windows, so I plan on making = those also.  I have already replaced the pop top screen with no see um = net.  I want screens for the side windows, does anyone know where I can get a pair?

An Apple Green 1976 Automatic VW Bay = Window camper-  This one is new to the family.  I can't get over how = pretty she is.  I have been calling her the Apple Blossom.  Right now = she is sitting till I can get a new engine for her.  I got her = CHEAP, because the previous owner broke down in Corvallis, on a road trip from California.  She had an individual she didn't know, = work on it, and then it caught fire briefly.  No damage inside the vehicle, = but for all accounts, the engine is toast.  No compression.  Lots of = work to do on the inside to make her livable, but she does have new canvas in already.  I need new foam and canvas for the seats, and = refinish the panels and cabinetry.  Obviously this is my project = van.

A Red 1974 standard VW Beetle- My = husband is forcing the sale of the Bug since I bought the Bay.  I have kids = and a dog, so the Bay makes more sense to keep as the extra vehicle.  This = baby has new grey interior, and I am working on getting a nice paint job = done.  I think I might have her sold to the man doing the painting.  We = shall see.

Well, thanks for listening.  I am = sure I will have more questions here or there.

Julianna = Thoennes