I still have my Digifant = ECU for the 2.1L Vanagon for sale. It is made in 1995.  It is the 022D ver= sion of the Bosch ECU.  A company in Australia makes a chip that ONLY fits= the 022D version of the ECU.  The chip is around $250 (I did a list purch= ase a while back and got the price under @$200 for 21 buyers. Some got the c= hip alone, others got ratio rockers.

I paid $400 for the ECU a year ago. The PO bought it and had only used i= t for a few months.  I have used it for @7 months.

 I have since put in a 1998 ECU (I got the ECU when I help do a top en= d rebuild and install a WBX engine for a friend, so there is nothing wrong w= ith the 1995 ECU).  The 022D version of ECU seems to have come out in 90~9= 1 (?), so it more valuable than a 022 ECU because it is the only one that ca= n take the Aussie Power chip, Plus the ECU has been in service for less than= a year.

The chip adds 10% power min and keeps the engine running cooler and make= s the WBX engine run better.

A new ECU costs almost $600 While a Rebuilt costs $200.  The 1995 ECU = has only been in service under year.  This ECU is better than a rebuilt EC= U and is almost like a new ECU because you are not getting a 10+ year old EC= U, PLUS the ECU has updated circuity that a rebuild ECU would not have.

Asking price is $300.

I am located in Wake Forest, NC.

Robert Lilley