Take it back or send it back immediately. I tried to get warranty on = one with the label scratched off the pickup unit and they wouldn't do anything.= So Cal Imports sounds just as bitchy as compu-fire factory. Get your money = back as quickly as possible. That little spacer was just part of the problem. The = wires to the pickup unit are so fragile that they move up into the rotor travel = unless you have the nylon separator disk in your distributor (I never had the separator, it voided my warranty). I had other problems too, the wires were= too short to reach the coil. I waited three weeks for them to send the tiny = little aluminum spacer.
The instructions vary from one distributor to any others but they don'= t tell you that.

Stan Wilder (burned at compu-fire, ..... K them.)
83 Westfalia Air Cooled