I missed the start of this thread, so I didn't see the original description of the car in question.  There was another post-war three-wheeled German bubble car made by Messerschmidt of fighter plane fame.  It was a single-seater, very low to the ground, and the top was a bubble that was hinged on the right side and opened to the side.  Two wheels in front and one in the rear.  It had a one-lunger in it if I recall.  Hope this isn't too far off your topic.

Charles
'85 Westy