Hello everyone.

I have a few issues that I hope someone can help me with.

1. About 2 months ago, I  took my 1982 = Diesel Vanagon in to a VW authorized dealership for a standard oil = change/lube. When I got the van back, I noticed that my temperature gauge wasn't = moving at all. I mean the indicator doesn't budge a bit. It usually comes = up a few notches after running for awhile.  What could be the = cause of this? Did the dealership not hook something up? What should I look for?

2. A day or so ago, the larger of the 2 coolant = tanks [not the one behind the license plate] split its seam and started spurting liquid = out all over the place. Not good. I've looked on busdepot.com for a = replacement tank, but have noticed that there are a few listed there and they range = in price from $30 to $90. I don't know which one to purchase. Are there a number = of choices for replacement tanks or should I look for a specific part number?

3. How easy is it to replace one of these tanks? = Should I do anything else in addition to replacing it?

4. OK --  dumb question now -- what kind = [brand name?] of coolant should I buy for an '82 diesel?

Thanks -- although I'm mostly a lurker on this = list, I do appreciate all the help everyone gives. I'm trying to learn this stuff = so I don't always have to take the van into the repair shop and pay their = large labor costs.

Bill