Instead of ethanol, remov= e the metal cover of the tank top fill, and then prop open the storage bin l= id a couple inches to let interior air circulate. I have been in 10 degree w= eather with the interior heated to 65 and never had any freezing problems th= is way. Besides, what if you forget or someone else unaware has a drink? Tal= k about your severe gastric disturbances!

Robert
1982 Westfalia

<<
We will be taking a trip to Libby, Montana in late
October.    Would it be safe to travel with water in
the storage tank?    I have thought to add a 10%
ethanol solution to the tank to prevent freezing.
We will be hooking up an electrical connection each
night.    Has anyone used a trickle charger to keep a
charge on the battery?    If so, what kind of charger
works best and can I run the charger while I use the
lights and radio in these very  long Montana nights.
Thanks Gary>>