In a message dated 10/12/2001 11:40:23 PM Eastern Daylight T= ime, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Re: Deer Strike & Stories

       I have them on my '87 Westy.  Plen= ty of deer around here too !  Saw seven out the back window couple of d= ays ago.  Usually see one or two everyday up and down the roads here.&n= bsp; So far I have not hit one so the gadgets must be working.  If I hi= t one I'll let you all know and then we can all assume that the gadget whist= les are not working.  They were only a buck up at the dollar store so m= aybe they don't do anything.  They do emit a high pitched whistle as I = can here it while cruising down the roads.  Or maybe that's the damn al= ternator belt squealing.......again !

Peace

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a VW C= amper camping event, Almonte, ON, May 30, 31, June 1, 2, 2002
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless= Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli & = Associates or http://frankcondelli.com