Messages Messages Help =
 Reply  |  Forward  |  View Source  |  Unwrap Lines

  Message 5530 of 5859  |  Previou= s | Next  [ Up Thread ]  Message Index
=
 Msg # = =
From:  = harald_nancy@e...
Date:  = Tue Aug 28, 2001  2:26 pm
Subject:  Correction-VWoA dealer engine conversion

Hi there,

This is one of the posts from Harold and = Nancy.  I guess there is not nationwide dealer support = yet, but I bet it is not too far behind.  I figure the rest will = follow suit.

Julianna

I stopped by =

my local vw dealer to confirm the news about

vanagon I-4 engine conversions, and to take a look at

the bulletin, as they called it, with my own eyes.

As it turns out, they are selling Tiico conversions which

they are buying from Tiico, and installing in their shop,

with 12 12 warranty. Here's the Tiico website:

http://www.tiico.com/prod04.htm<=

/A>

The downside is there is no nationwide VWoA dealer support yet.

However, our local vw dealer does back up the Tiico conversion.

Had a conversation with the parts manager, and he said VWoA

can't get enough good waterboxer cores, and they don't want

to retool to produce new waterboxer engines.

So VWoA will not be building any rebuilt or new waterboxer engines

in the future. Some vw dealers still have some in stock.

So as an individual vw dealer, Hanson Motors, (360) 943-2120,

in Olympia, Washington decided to sell and install Tiico engines.

They said they have a lot of customers with vanagons that need

new engines, and they had to do something for them.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Harald

'90 westy