Ok,

I did a rebuild because my head gasket blew. Now, I lapped the valves = on the heads, did the "JB Weld" on them. I use Genuine VW sealant (black and = the yellow). Installed new water pump and oil pump. Now I'm a bit confuse on = the firing order. Is #1 on the passenger side front or rear? I started = adjusting my rocker arms as the Bentley called for, but when I went to check for TDC, = what I thought was the #1 cylinder, was at the bottom of its stroke. I doubled = checked and the crank pulley was at the TDC mark on the pulley but then I noticed = when I turned the crank, The distributor wasn't turning with it. Aha! I checked = the gear on the distributor by removing the plate on top of the motor (next to = the tall black cylinder) and looking down with a flashlight; I noticed brass shavings all over the worm gear of the crank. How in Gods name am i= suppose to pull out the shaft? I know theres a puller that VW uses, but i = don't have the flow to buy one. Does ANYONE in Delaware (Newark) are have one of = these that I could possibly BORROW??? Please?

I only rebuilt the top half of the motor. I never cracked the case. I= installed new rings and gaskets. My next question =
Since the gear on the distributor is shredded, would my cam gear be in= the same condition. Does anyone have any experience with my problems? Please, = if anyone does. PLEASE contact me at Kazzpar05@aol.com  if you do. I'= m in dire straights. I want to get this engine complete and installed before it = gets too cold out.

Thank you so much for your Time,
Tom Bartnicki
Kazzpar05@aol.com