<<<snip>>> ...the "new blood" VW mechanics really hate to touch anything that they cannot hook up to their computers in the shop.  <<<snip>>>

With all due respect, Ken...  That doesn't mean that said "mechanics" can fix the problem once the OBD system has detected a fault.  Giving the benefit of the doubt here and that these good folks can actually read, what happens if there's a faulty sensor?  What happens when a part is replaced - they're always replaced, never repaired! - and the problem is not fixed?  I have born witness to the mind-boggling incompetence and the stunning ineptness of todays so-called mechanics.  My wife's old '94 Jetta was in the dealer's shop more times than I care to acknowledge for little crapola problems that - surprise!! - were never diagnosed on the first go-round.  A lot of money was thrown at that car for replacement parts that never fixed the original problems.

So, if you think that a repair on a Tiico conversion at a dealer is going be any easier than with a WBX, I'd guess again.  The tech's admiring the conversion for it's "stock" look is a far cry from getting them to actually work on it.  Oh, sure, they may.  But don't be too shocked that many will take a look at it and throw their hands up in the air.

My $.02.  I sincerely hope your milage varies.