Chad,

    The pipe on my = '85 vanagon had pitted and rusted around the bleed tube and around the hose that = goes to the overflow tank.  I had the pipe sand blasted.  Tried to sauder = holes shut.  Sauder did not adhere to the pipe at all.
     It just so = happened that the best 4-H welder in my state is in the youth group at church. = The youth took the pipe to vocational school, brazed and pressure tested the pipe = for free.  You might check with a local vocational school.  Just = an idea.  If not you might be able to find a welding shop to do it, = though most don't like to fiddle with small jobs.

Dave