In a message dated 10/13/2001 10:56:04 AM Eastern Daylight T= ime, KENWILFY writes:

I have noticed that some Vanago= ns (actually I have only seen one '87 Wolfsburg) have this air intake setup = with the ducting, while most do not.  Does anyone have a clue as to wha= t years they did this and why some vans have it and others don't?  I am= pretty positive my '91 Carat does not have this setup.  You would thin= k it is a good idea as far as getting the coolest air possible for the intak= e.  But then you have the possibility of this happening (problems with = long air duct run).  Any comments?

       I just checked with ETKA and the air in= take system is the same for all Vanagons from 1986 to 1992.  Yes, ETKA = is showing a 1992 model Vanagon.  If you do not have these parts then s= omeone has removed them is my opinion.  I'm not swearing by this as we = all know they made these vehicles one by one while drinking way too much Ger= man brew.  Maybe I should go there and apply for a position !  Jus= t a good thought for Monday morning.

Peace

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a VW C= amper camping event, Almonte, ON, May 30, 31, June 1, 2, 2002
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless= Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli & = Associates or http://frankcondelli.com