From: Alan Bosch
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 = 10:07 AM
Subject: Phred's Shiverin' = These Cold Mornings...

List Volks, =
While lots has been posted over the years = about the rear heater I've never paid attention - shame on me.  The rear = heater on my bus pours out heat and dosen't leak (yet!!) but only on high fan = speed.  The other settings do not work at all.  This started day = before yesterday and, frankly, I have yet to lift the seat to take a = look-see.  But the carpet's dry and that's a good thing... =

My questions...  Can the rear blower = motor be replaced without removing the whole heater core?  Is there a = resistor pack on the motor that can/should be swapped out, rather than = replacing the whole unit?  Assuming I can, in fact, just change out the motor = or resistor pack, are these list vendor parts, junkyard parts, or am I in = for another mind-bending dealer experience?

Next...  I'm still looking for a defroster cable - that = runs from one of the air control levers to the flap that directs the forced air = either up to the defroster or down at your feet.  Anyone parting out a = '86 or newer bus?

Thanks all. =  Have a great weekend.

Alan = Bosch
& Phred ('88 = Wolfsburg)