From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Alan Bosch
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 9:08 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Phred's Shiverin' These = Cold Mornings...

List Volks,
While lots has been = posted over the years about the rear heater I've never paid attention - shame on = me.  The rear heater on my bus pours out heat and dosen't leak = (yet!!) but only on high fan speed.  The other settings do not work at all.  This started day before yesterday and, frankly, I have yet to = lift the seat to take a look-see.  But the carpet's dry and that's a good thing...

My = questions...  Can the rear blower motor be replaced without removing the whole heater = core?  Is there a resistor pack on the motor that can/should be swapped = out, rather than replacing the whole unit?  Assuming I can, in fact, = just change out the motor or resistor pack, are these list vendor parts, = junkyard parts, or am I in for another mind-bending dealer experience?

Next...  I'm still = looking for a defroster cable - that runs from one of the air control levers to the = flap that directs the forced air either up to the defroster or down at your = feet.  Anyone parting out a '86 or newer bus?

Thanks all.  Have a great = weekend.

Alan Bosch
& Phred ('88 Wolfsburg)