In a message dated 10/23/01 8:30:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TCarrington@RELITECH.COM writes:

Actually,

It's a hoax.

Lemme see, the mother is so distraught that she can't mention a city, state
or even country? No phone number to contact her at?

And the "please forward this to everyone you know" is a dead giveaway.

Plug "Penny Brown missing" into a search engine, and you get a bunch of
urban-legend busting sites.For example:

http://chekware.com/hoax/Penny_Brown.htm

Please do not forward this stuff to the list without *personally* verifying
the credibility first.

TomC
tcarrington@relitech.com
http://www.relitech.com/tomc
http://volksweb.relitech.com
85 Vanagon Crew Cab
82 Westy diesel=>gas conversion
81 Checker A-11 (Taxi)
65 Notchback

And if you open the .jpg attached file you could be in for a little virus trouble..

Robert Keezer
1982 Westfalia