Needing something to "fix" I set all my = valves at 006 (like they were solid).  It gave me a little = more power from where I was but now I want to preload(?) them again.  So I'm = about to tighten them in a quarter turn after they contact the lifter and if the lifter feels soft I'll do this again (is that the procedure).  = Also, when I start the van after it sat for a day or so the lifters make much = noise then quiet down.  So should I do this procedure after they've = quieted down or before?

Thanks!
Christopher Darilek
82 Westfalia