Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 12:06 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Ideas = about wiper problem.

I am having a problem with a Vanagon front wiper motor.  Basically = the problem is this:
You pull back the arm on the steering collum and = you get the normal spray of water from the windshield washer and the wipers = start up.  They wipe a few times and then stop.  Normal right? =  Except they stop anywhere they feel like it instead of going back to the = "park" position where they normally are.  The same thing happens when = you use the wipers normally.  When you turn them off they stop where ever = you flip the switch.  You have to turn them back on until they come = back to the "park" position and then shut them off them to get them to return. =

I have tried so far:
new switch on the collum
new = motor
known good wiper relay

None of these things have helped at = all.  I believe there is a switch that tells the system when the = wipers are back in the "park" position but I have no idea where it is. =  Anyone ever battle this problem?  What was your solution?

Thanks, =
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com