It's Hans and Gunter.

They took the defeat of the 3 Reich very seriously and they're going to mak= e us pay.

Mike

I have an elaborate mythology built up on these two guys in case anyone's i= nterested.

From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:58:53 EDT
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Front Heater Core Fun!!!

Anyone who has ever done a front heater core rep= lacement on a Vanagon knows what I am talking about.  There are safes t= hat are easier, and take less time to crack.  There are parts of the wh= eel and suspension that have less securing screws.  My question (after = fighting the good fight yesterday and putting a new core in, in about 4 hour= s) is why?  Why does this job have to be such a big pain in the butt? &= nbsp;Why do you have to take the whole dash out, and drop the steering colum= , and remove the grille because there are two other screws on the outside of= the van that are holding the air box in, etc, etc?  I mean they could = have put a small door right where the lines come out that is held on by a co= uple of screws and be able to change the core and clean out the heater box i= n only a few mintues.  Instead you spend four hours thinking up worse t= ortures that you could inflict on the people who designed this convoluted me= ss, and finally come to the conclusion that the worst thing you could possib= ly do to them is kidnap them from Germany, bring them to your house, and for= ce them at the point of a gun to do the front heater core replacement, over = and over...

Thanks for listening to my venting.  It's Friday!

Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com
Phone: (856)-765-1583