Rio wrote =
Hi everyone:
I am a = bit confused as to how to determine which main bearing set to order.
My crankshaft is = a "red dot" unit (from an 85 1.9 liter engine).

The mains = measure
1) 58.775 mm
2) 54.972 mm
3) not checked yet
4) 40.005 mm
My = rod journals all measure right about 54.991mm.
Any help will be appreciated.
Who stocks bearings, = btw?
Thanks
Rio
Rio
the 1.9 mains are not made at this = point by Kolbenschmidt and have not been made for over 2 years
the bug bearings will work for all but = the # 1 thrust bearing for that I have been using a custom made bearing to build the 1.9 = engines. The 1.9 cases for the most part need to be align bored. I saw your = post on the oil pressure problem so be sure to measure the crank bore in = the case and the big ends of the rods this is where your low oil pressure problem = is coming from. I stock only align bore bearings for the 1.9 = because thats all I use
Bob = Donalds
as always all rights = reserved
http://www.bostonengine.com