Summer of 2000 I went on a trip in my '85 Westy.  Traveled from Alabama to = Upper Peninsula of Michigan -- that's 1200 miles one way.  Total Vanagons = sighted: 2.  One in Ohio and one in Sault Ste. Marie.  Go figure.

Chris.
-----Original Message-----
From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Ken Hartz
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 1:10 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: 32 Vanagons !

Took = a short trip this weekend from Ferndale, WA, to Port Townsend on the Olympic penninsula via Whidbey Island and the Klickatat ferry.  Great = trip, great food at destination.  Just for fun, my wife and I decided to = count Vanagons sighted along the way (total distance slightly under 200 = miles round trip.)  Would you believe ... 32!  Port Townsend seems to be = a Vanagon lovers delight with lots of Westies parked in driveways, = carports, weeds, etc., plus a lot of Bays and Splitties and several Eurovan = campers too (not counted).  We had to rush to catch the return ferry but I'm = thinking there must be a good VW mech(s) somewhere over there.  If so, are = you on the list?
Ken Hartz
89 White Wolfie (with stripes!)