In a message dated 10/30/01 1:01:37 PM Central Standard Time, mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

Can I get some feedback on a reasonable price from some objective listees?

I have a blue '91 Carat with manual transmission and all the usual Carat fixins that had 89k miles on it when I bought it.  It was a Washington State car -- no rust.  The previous owner has spent a lot of money on it just recently -- new tires, shocks.  I suspected it has a problem because it was at a new car dealer headed for the auction.  I bought it with the stipulation that if it had head gasket leaks it was coming back.  I paid $4500.  I took it home and after the first night I has antifreeze puddles on both sides.  Worked out a deal with the dealer to pay half to have the heads done.  That cost me another $1250 for Boston Bob AMC heads, gaskets, water pump, misc. new plumbing parts, sensors, and labor.  That was 15k ago.

Tom
'71 Westy, '85 Westy, '91 Carat