http://www.sto= cktonwheel.com/widen_straighten.htm

I am sure there are many more places like the one in the above link.

Chris.
-----Original Message-----
From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Derek Drew
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 8:58 = AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Need Cuistom Wheel Made = -- Who Does This?

This email is a query = for leads about shops that make up wheels to a customer's specs.

All = referrals, references, and ideas welcome and solicited.

There appear to = be no wheels in size 6.5 x 16", bolt pattern 5 x 112, ET30 so my purpose is = to see about creating a batch of them.

I think the South African 15" = wheels are perfect, but I am mounting a tire that is taller and narrower than = the sizes available on a 15" wheel.

Derek = Drew           &nb= sp;           &nbs= p;      New York, NY & Washington, DC
=
derekdrew@rcn.com                  &= nbsp;  212-580-6486
Email me for viscous couplings
'90 Syncro Westfalia...
...seen off-road at
http://users.rcn.com/derekdrew/Syncro_Madness_Area.htm=
Note: most valuable Vanagon sites on the planet (for owners) = are:
      http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=vanagon
      ftp://gerry.vanagon.com/pub/
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro
      http://www.vanagon.com
      http://www.syncro.org
My refrigerator article:
       http://www.vanagon.com/info/articles/Refrigerator/Reef= er_Madness.htm
My article that shows how to deal with insurance companies: =
       ftp://gerry.vanagon.com/pub/auto-insurance-madness.htm= l
To view Wolfgang's incredibly informative wheel article
       http://users.rcn.com/derekdrew/fitbigtiresonvanagon.ht= m
To view Tim Smith's incredibly useful gearing calculator
       http://users.rcn.com/derekdrew/syncrotireandgearratios= .xls
To view some 16" Trailing Arms that enable much larger tires = see
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syncro-org/files/Wheels%= 2C%20Tires%20%26%20Gearing/Wheel%20%26%20Tire%20Photos/16_Inch_Trailing_A= rm.jpg
         &nb= sp;