It's really keeping warm in bed that = we're after, right?

Why not consider using those 12V = electric blankets under sleeping bags, and have a couple of gel-cell batteries = to power them, in addition to the Black-cat for "room" warmth?

I think you'd get more comfort with = this method, than you'd get with heavy-duty propane combustion.

Marshall Ruskin, 84 = Westy
Aloha from Winnipeg!

I guess I started this thread and the truth is I am not happy at = all with the performance of my coleman black cat. I go Skiing and ice = climbing in the winter and arrive at my destinations very late at night. This = heater can not keep up for the cold that I encounter. However it was affordable,and I had read good things about it. I would gladly = pay a couple of hundred dollars for a good ventilated system that would fit = in a vanagon. Looking on RV sites I have not found a system under $400, and = even at that they are to big to fit reasonably behind the front passenger seat = and still have room(I have 2 dogs and a wife that crash in there = too.). So anyone that has found a good system PLEASE let me know. I am willing = to install a propane tank and/ or aux. battery (plan too anyways). = Thank for the propane education!

Randy Charrette

87' Syncro weekender

Longmont, CO