Hi everybody
-
I need some advice - and please bear = with me,
I already feel incredibly stupid as is.

Just went to pick up the
82 Diesel Westy I bought in VA. About = one hour into
the trip back to IL, I was stopped by = the police 'cause I had
coolant dripping out the rear. Of = course, I couldn't find anyone
who knew what was going on. I even = called the shop that
was supposed to give it the "once-over" = before I started out -
they dind't think it was a problem (by = that time, the cap on the
expansion tank was = missing...)

So I continued (yes, I know...) and was = finally stopped by
an overheated engine just outside = Hancock, MD. Of course,
it was closing time, Fri afternoon; I = barely managed to have
it towed to a shop's back lot. A = friendly gentleman decided
that the engine was leaking coolant = (under the doodad that has
the injection pumps in it), but no = action was taken.

I found the only motel in town and am = now nursing my anger...
What do I do? The body, while a little = scratched, dented and
rusty in places, is as good as anything = I've ever seen that was
a lot younger, the inside has some = grunge on it, but everything
is original and supposed (!!!) to = work... I am, however, not terribly
inclined to throw a lot of good money = after (potentially) bad...
and I want a relia ble = vehicle.

Here are what I think might be my options
1. Sell it here and as is; so anyone = who is interested, my
cell phone doesn't work in this blessed = place, motel
# is 301-678-6101 ext. 103. Make me an offer!

2. Find a knowledgeable shop, spend $$$ = on towing and
a new engine (?) If so, which = one?

3. Go home, forget about it and never = look at another car again
other than my Honda...

Anyone have any advice, = please?!

Down and out in MD,
Teresa