I used a Mann W719/30 which is the = manufacturer's PN for one of the OE manufacturers. It crosses from = the wholesale supplier to the "old" number 034 115 561A or to the current = number 06A 115 561B.  I have had no issues with cold start clatter or any = other problem with it. I am on the third oil change and running = Castrol Syntec Blend 10W30 after two changes with dino for "break = in" of 500 and 1000 miles respectively. I have 2700 miles on the conversion.

Adam = Brooks
---
1886 Syncro = Westfalia "Der Uberwagen"
---
Highland Automotive Group, Inc.
27 Sardis Road
Asheville, NC = 28806
---
828.670.7112
www.highlandautogroup.com

Gary Stearns = wrote:
Well, I'm in the same boat. About 3 weeks ago I got the = "look alike" filter for the Golf / Jetta from the dealer.  Looks = right, fits right, but there is a problem. When our Van sits overnite, = the G/J filter apparently drains itself due to it's not-intended = mounting position.  How'd you know that the only difference was the = postion of the check valve? Is this a.k.a. an anti drainback valve? Cold = start the next morning is just like after an oil change (if you don't = pre-fill the filter that is), a second or two of clatter from the mains = while the filter fills up.  Makes me shudder.  I also found = that the part number from TiiCo is no good in the USA.  Even had = an import parts guy try a cross reference...nada.  If = I'm correct that other filters are allowing a no oil pressure = condition at start, all of us TiiCo users have a problem!

Anyone have any info?

Gary

 IncrediMail - Email = has finally evolved - Click = Here