I previously contacted Coleman customer service regarding attaching the Black Cat to a bulk cylinder.  Although it can be done physically with a hose, they were adamant against doing so.  Said that their engineers tried it, and the high pressure "blew the head off".  I don't know if they were using a 15 PSI regulator like which comes on our Westys.  Even if the heater works without a flame, I don't think anyone would want to risk a bulk tank full of highly explosive  propane gas exhausting into their van without warning.  Perhaps a automatic safety shut-off  valve can be plumbed into the gas line ahead of the Black Cat.  Does anyone know what the PSI is of the propane disposable cylinders the heater is designed to use?

Cary

Do You Yahoo!?