Someone had a method of refilling the little bottles from the big tanks. &n= bsp;Much cheaper propane that way.  Anyone remember that?

mike

From: Cary Chiang <cchiang1@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:19:25 -0800
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: Propane tank connecting to Black Cat heaters

I previously contacted Coleman customer service regarding attaching the Bla= ck Cat to a bulk cylinder.  Although it can be done physically with a h= ose, they were adamant against doing so.  Said that their engineers tri= ed it, and the high pressure "blew the head off".  I don't kn= ow if they were using a 15 PSI regulator like which comes on our Westys. &nb= sp; Even if the heater works without a flame, I don't think anyone woul= d want to risk a bulk tank full of highly explosive  propane gas exhaus= ting into their van without warning.  Perhaps a automatic safety shut-o= ff  valve can be plumbed into the gas line ahead of the Black Cat. &nbs= p;Does anyone know what the PSI is of the propane disposable cylinders the h= eater is designed to use?

Cary

Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals <http://rd.yahoo.com/mkt= g/mail/txt/tagline/?http://personals.yahoo.com> .